is a fine beige powder known for its many health benefits. It is a rich, whole food source of Vitamin C and fiber. It is also a good plant source of calcium, iron, magnesium and other essential minerals. Baobab has the added benefit of being very versatile in the kitchen! Baobab Superfruit Powder
Even though Baobab has been used for centuries throughout Africa, it is now starting to hit other markets and gain a great deal of popularity among aficionados of natural products, especially superfruits. Here are some simple ways to integrate Baobab Superfruit Powder into your family’s daily diet:
How to use baobab powder:
1) Add to water- One of the easiest ways to use baobab powder is to add 2 Tablespoons of powder into an 8 ounce glass of water. You can use either a shaker bottle or
a small whisk to combine the two.
2) Add to smoothies- Baobab has a citrusy, mild flavor so you do not need to worry about hiding its taste, or having it ruin your favorite smoothie mix. Simply add 2 tablespoons of Baobab Powder per 8 ounces of smoothie to add extra nutrients and fiber and great texture. The smoothest smoothie!
3) Add to sauces- Baobab has natural thickening properties much like cream of tartar. It is a great gluten free alternative to flour and is a perfect addition to roux. Add a tablespoon at a time until you get the desired thickness.
4) Add to dressings- Baobab mixes nicely into oil and adds a sweet-tart flavor. It also helps with making a creamy dairy-free dressing. Add a few Tablespoons into your dressing, shake and serve.
5) Add to desserts and baked goods- Whether you are interested in making a specialty dessert or wanting to add some extra nutrients, baobab mixes well into all recipes. I generally add about a quarter cup in substitution for flour or gluten free bake mix.
The addition of baobab in your diet can really fast track your digestion. It is a raw, vegan, gluten free, functional food that can be used in many ways. Once you start using it, you will not be able to stop. It has become a staple in my household and my kids love it.