Recently, we have noticed a growing trend within the superfood industry, identifying Baobab Powder as the “up and coming superfruit”. Even though it has been around for thousands of years and has been used within African cultures for centuries, many people are just starting to learn about its numerous health benefits, its versatility in the kitchen, and its favorable flavor. In short, it is a vegan, gluten-free, raw food that is rich in Vitamin C, PREbiotic fiber, and antioxidants. It is also one of the highest plant sources of potassium.
Baobab Powder Health Benefits
2 Tablespoons of Atacora Baobab Powder offers 70% Daily Recommended Value of Vitamin C, contributing to overall immune support.
Fiber, Fiber, Fiber: Baobab Powder is Packed with both soluble and insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber can help control blood sugar levels where as insoluble fiber can aid in digestion by creating roughage in the digestion track!
Known as the PREbiotic Superfood ͭͫ, Atacora Baobab Powder is rich in PREbitioc fiber. PREbiotics are not the same as PRObiotics. Dr. Frank W. Jackson explains what PREbiotic are and the benefits they have to offer:
- Prebiotics provide a wide range of health benefits to the otherwise healthy person. Most of these have been medically proven.
- Prebiotics nourish the good bacteria that everyone already has in their gut.
- Prebiotics may be helpful for several chronic digestive disorders or inflammatory bowel disease.
Atacora Baobab Powder is rich in antioxidants!
Baobab Powder is also one of the best plant sources of Calcium!
Raw, Vegan, Gluten and GMO-Free!
How To Use Baobab Powder
Delectable in flavor, Atacora Baobab Powder can be added to pretty much anything for added nutrients and flavor. It also has natural thickening properties much like flour and cornstarch, making it a gluten-free, GMO-free option for baking, sauces and dressings.
Atacora Baobab Powder can be added to:
- Smoothies- simply add 2 Tablespoons per serving of smoothie.
- Jams and jellies- depending on the quantity you are making add a tablespoon at a time until you reach desired consistency.
- Bake mixes- add ¼ cup of Baobab Powder to 2 cups of mix for additional nutrients.
- Dressings- add to any dressing to make thicker and flavorful.
- Yogurt- sprinkle onto yogurt for complete digestive support. By doing so, in one sitting, you are getting both PRO and PREbiotics.
Fairly Traded Baobab Powder
Direct from the African Tree of Life, Atacora Baobab Powder is traditionally hand-processed by the Atacora Fair Partnership Women’s Co-op in Benin, West Africa. Fair Partnership empowers hard-working African village women and their families to access education, improved health care and nutrition.