The winter months are here and with the cold weather and drying heat, skin can become irritated, cracked and dry. Baobab Body can help ease dry skin and hair by adding beneficial Vitamins and Essential Fatty Acids. Oil
Baobab Body Oil is a non greasy oil that is rich in Vitamins A & E, as well as Omega 3, 6 & 9 Essential Fatty Acids (Vitamin F).
BENEFITS OF THESE COMPOUNDS:
- Vitamin A: The vitamin necessary for healthy skin. Vitamin A applied directly to the skin has been used to treat acne and skin wrinkling and mottled pigmentation caused by chronic sun exposure. Topical Vitamin A has been suggested to help build collagen fibers within the dermis in addition to its more superficial exfoliating property. This is the basis for its use in minimizing the appearance of fine wrinkle lines. (Skin and Allergy News)
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E is an antioxidant. It can help prevent free radical damage. Based on the observation that skin damage caused by the sun and other environmental agents are induced by free radicals, vitamin E may be effective in preventing skin damage. It is being used in more and more skin preparations as a way to fend off this damage. (healthy-skincare.com)
- Omega 3, 6, & 9 Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs): EFAs are natural penetration enhancers due to their fluidizing effect on cell membranes. The combination of their own physiological activities with their ability to increase transport of bioactive agents through the skin creates a synergistic effect with other nutrients such as the aforementioned Vitamins. Through these beneficial skin influences on skin barrier function and penetration, EFAs help improve the structure, function and appearance of aged skin and are extremely useful in anti-aging formulas. (naturopathica.com)
THE SPOTLIGHT IS ON BAOBAB OIL
Baobab Body Oil has been getting a great deal of attention recently and is becoming a leading ingredient in high-end, natural skin and hair formulations. This is partially do to its ability to moisturize dry skin and help repair brittle hair, as well as for its acclaimed ability to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, reduce scarring and help ease stretch marks.
2. All of our Baobab products are sustainably sourced, pure and lab tested.
3. We are the direct producers and suppliers, no middle man!
4. The money that we pay the women in our Fair Partnership Co-op supplements their earnings from agriculture and beer brewing.
5. There is a weak cash economy in the rural areas where we source the whole Baobab fruit from. Vital services such as health care and education require people to have money, and the prices and wages we pay the tree-growers and Co-op ladies opens access to these services, that they might not otherwise have.
6. We are revaluing indigenous recourses and acting as a vehicle of change for the small isolated villages where we source the whole Baobab fruit from.