Berries seem to be in an abundance every time that we go to the grocery store lately so we finally decided to put them to good use. Jazz up your next PB & J or slice of toast with this mouth puckering Blackberry Baobab Chia Jam!
Still haven’t tried out our Baobab Powder? What are you waiting for! The health benefits speak for themselves:
- Great source of whole food Vitamin C
- Prebiotic soluble fiber to nurture beneficial microflora in the digestive tract
- Insoluble fiber (roughage) aids digestion
- High in Electrolytes
- One of the best plant sources of calcium and potassium
- A raw, vegan and gluten-free functional food
- High per serving antioxidant capacity: ORAC=650/gram
- 3 cups blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tablespoons of Atacora Raw African Honey or maple syrup if vegan (add more to taste if necessary)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice, from half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon of Atacora Baobab Powder
- 1/2-1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the berries & lemon juice and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat, mash the fruit with a fork or potato masher and continue to cook for about 5 minutes.
Next add in the chia seeds, baobab powder and sweetener of choice and cook on low heat until jam thicken. Make sure to give it an occasional stir to prevent any of the chia seeds from clumping. About another 5 minutes or so.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla and add more sweetener if needed.
Allow jam to cool and then pour into a glass container.
The homemade jam will last up to 2 weeks when stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator!