This DIY Body Butter recipe is a good start to making body care products as it is very basic and cost effective. This light, non greasy body butter is perfect for all occasions! It feels great when applied and is fun and easy to make. It also makes great gifts and smells oh so good!
Here is what you will need:
- 3 tbsp ice cold water
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tbsp Atacora Baobab Oil
- 1 tbsp beesewax
- 2 capsules Vitamin E oil
- essential oils (optional)
Here is how you make quick and easy DIY body butter:
- Measure all ingredients and set aside.
- In a sauce pan over low heat, combined all ingredients except for the water. Alternatively, you can use a double boiler, it is simply a matter of preference.
- Stir until all ingredients are melted. Do not over cook.
- Once all ingredients are melted, transfer to a glass bowl.
- While mixing with a hand mixer, slowly add the water until mixture becomes creamy, about 2 minutes.
- Set aside and let cool for 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a jar. For gifts, I like to use small Mason Jars.
Please note that this recipe can be adjusted to meet desired consistency by adding less water for thicker formulations, and more water for thinner formulation. You can also add a variety of essential oils or Unrefined Shea Butter for extra nourishment!
One of my favorite alterations is adding about 10 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 tbsp of Unrefined Shea Butter. The lavender, shea butter, and coconut oil compliment each other very nicely!